Popular Posts

Thursday, August 2, 2012

The Simmons

 

Hey remember the family reality show Runs House featuring wife Sophie Simmons of the former Hip-hop star and DJ; the Rev Joseph Simmons the younger brother of Hip-hop godfather mogul legendary Russell Simmons. Don’t forget their children Vanessa Simmons (25), Angela Simmons (23), their younger brother Jojo Simmons (19), and their two younger half brothers Diggy Simmons(17) and Russy Simmons (15). Well just thought I’d break it down a bit for you in case you didn’t know them or forgot about them.
Anyway the show ended in 2009 and the children are all grown up now taking their own paths to follow their dreams. Vanessa has been and is sill currently pursuing her dream as an actress and model and now also has her own lingerie line. Word is she and J Cole had a thing back in college but I personally don’t think it’s true. Her younger sister Angela is editor of a celebrity gossip, lifestyle and fashion magazine who last was going out with hip-hop star Bow Wow, and both the girls have a shoe line of their own called Pastry and have their own show called Daddy’s little girls which showcases their social lives, troubles, love lives and business side and basically their journey to success and of living together and turning to daddy when troubled. Last I heard the IRS was after them for not paying tax and that they may have to go back home and live with their dad, well that is where you turn to when things go wrong after all there is no place like home so they say. Anyway these are probably just player hater rumours, the media can sometimes exaggerate and hopefully they did this time.
Their younger brother Jojo is last I heard was still trying to break it in the music industry along with his hip-hop crew but I have to admit I heard him rap on a radio interview on a surprise beat and I must the boy is very talented however he does at least he have his communications/broadcast/sound engineering/music degrees (any of them are possible the boy is multi talented and skilled for goodness' sake) to fall back on otherwise I think he should also go into acting. I also heard that he was taken hostage and then it turns out that it was just one of those nasty rumours that were created to protect him or something like that. The other story was about him dating a transsexual on twitter but shame hey he didn’t know as matter of fact he backed out before it went too far but of course unfortunately the media got hold of that story and well I’m sure you know what happens then. What I can back up however is for definite this time and that is he once got arrested for buying marijuana, resisting a police officer and reckless driving not because he was high but because he was trying to escape the police and hit the car in front of him and the other at the back of him. I can back this one up because his sister Vanessa said and I quote "We all make mistakes and my brother knows what he did was wrong and has learnt from his". So I guess that’s much about the drama we can get from the Simmons.
Their younger half brother Daniel aka Diggy however has broken into the world of Hip-hop and is doing pretty good for himself. The kid was signed to Atlanta records at 15, and already has his own clothing line and has already sent out a response beef track called what you say to me which someone else decided to leak out to 27 year old hip-hop star J Cole for dissing both him and his older sister Vanessa where he said he supposedly slept with her back in college and decided to brag about it in his song track purple rain, unfortunately J Cole couldn’t respond considering the large age gap, I mean he can’t say things like I’ll take your girl, or start swearing at the kid, but tell me who you think was better between the two but personally I think it was childish of J Cole to brag about his sex life in the first place but in his defence nobody actually knew who J Cole was actually talking about until Diggy responded but I have to hand it to Diggy for sticking up for himself and his sister and he really dissed J Cole if I do say so myself.
As for that cutest adorable Russy who was just always himself and very real on the show at the age of 9 back then, he made viewers feel like the show was real. He is now 15 and focusing on his studies I always saw him playing the guitar, playing ball games, video games and so on so maybe he’ll be a rock star, a DJ or a sports star or some sort he is talented as it runs in the family much thanks to his dad the Rev Run Joseph Simmons, so it seems and besides he has countless opportunities thanks to his parents but whatever he decides I’m sure his family will support him and so will I.

No comments:

Post a Comment